2009-07-04 | Chernikov

“Chernikoff is a new group that puts focus on graphic design, web design, illustrations and photography. We like intelligent communication aimed by passion for our work.

In our logo you can see a dog face or two people facing each other with their hands on the others shoulders. The logotype expresses our friendly position.

Finally, the simplicity of the shape + text ensure a good level of memorability and style.”

Credits: Oleksii Chernikov

9 Comments to “2009-07-04 | Chernikov”

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:07 am

I saw the doggy first. I taught: “Wow, that’s a dog! Nice!”

That dog could easily be used as a standalone logo on a lot of promotional material. It is unique, inspired and original.

Good work!

rey
Jul 4, 2009 at 12:19 am

I dunno.. Don’t like it much, not enough symbolism, could use colour, especially considering they are creatives. it also feels unbalanced.

Donald Rush
Jul 4, 2009 at 12:57 am

Yeah I like it. I would not have seen the dog. I just saw two people. I don’t think I could pitch a logo to a client as its a dog or two people. I think it should be one or the other If you just said it was a dog I would think oh that is clever. If you say both it makes me think you had an unoriginal image of two people and someone mentioned as an after though that it also looked like a dog and everyone was like yeah I see the dog which was much more clever than two people so now are trying to see how a dog works in to the brand.

freddie du plessis
Jul 4, 2009 at 1:48 am

true true, it’s marketing hype which we have all done before to sell to a client.

Arron Lock
Jul 4, 2009 at 3:40 am

I agree with Donald above. I think you should have a clear idea of what an icon in a logo should represent.

Not a bad logo by any means, I just think it needs some polish to it. And, though I know a logo needs to work in 1 color, it needs color in the display version.

Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work and never give up.

Chris
Jul 4, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I agree with some of the other comments. It does seem unbalanced. Their typeface is nice and I agree it puts across their “friendly position.” I can see the dog, but don’t really see how that fits anything, the two people facing each other makes more sense, and Donald’s comment makes sense in this point.
Definitely agree that i could use some color here.

thephotoshopper
Jul 4, 2009 at 4:03 pm

nah… not my type of logo.. :P

AG Designworks
Jul 4, 2009 at 8:07 pm

My first impression was ‘two people with their hands at each other’s throats. Their ‘heads are even leaned back as if both are struggling to break free!

I was reminded of the White Bear logo from a while back, and thinking of that brought the dog image to my attention.

brian
Jul 6, 2009 at 7:39 am

i honestly didn’t even see a dog after I read it, What I did see is two people who were strangling each other… not so much “had their hands on each others shoulders”