2009-06-05 | Aquana

Logo was made for aqua park “Aquana” from Banjaluka, Bosnia and Herzegovina. This is the place for summer fun and relaxation with open pools and gastronomic places.

Designer: Djumic Nebojsa.

14 Comments to “2009-06-05 | Aquana”

Aslam A Memon
Jun 5, 2009 at 5:13 pm

really nice, very well executed, may a small fish or weed (the grass tht grows underwater) might have added few colors to it, just an opinion, orelse its a really good logo

AdnElric
Jun 5, 2009 at 5:40 pm

really nice! Loved the effect. One of those “ah-ha!” logos! Ps. Worked great on mobile opera at “logooftheday” size or even smaller.

Jan Zabransky
Jun 5, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Rally like this logo. It perfectly fits aqua park as brand. Very well executed, original, likable, fresh, cool and modern. And yes, I can see little fish there and waves and bubbles … :-) I love it. Good job Djumic.

Callum Chapman
Jun 5, 2009 at 6:19 pm

I like the idea of it, but I’m not too sure it works as a logo?

Jan Zabransky
Jun 5, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Why not Callum? I am quite sure about it. In BW or one color version it must look great, too.

Nix
Jun 5, 2009 at 8:13 pm

I don’t like this at all. The effect is goofy and outdated, and the text barely readable at all. The shapes look more like slime or goo than water. Sorry.

Costin Oane
Jun 5, 2009 at 9:13 pm

I am not sure if it works as a logo. Nice concept.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:54 pm

perfect logo to include in just about any promotional material.

I can also easily picture this on a giant billboard on the in front of the park.

I don’t understand people’s concern with working as a logo, in my opinion it is a pretty rad logo. would you care to explain your position?

P.S. I really like that the “A”s are both shaped with the water and in negative space.

gripes
Jun 6, 2009 at 12:02 am

Some splash droplets would make it more “water-like,” but overall, it’s pretty cool.

August West
Jun 6, 2009 at 3:09 am

Awesome use of negative space to create the A’s. Great logo for a waterpark.

And to the remark that it looks more like slime or goo than water; the color is what tells you it’s water. Slime would be green and… I don’t even know what color “goo” would be. Point is that the blue immediately says water.

Graham
Jun 7, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Given the purpose of the logo I think it’s great. I really like the use of the negative space to form letters. I really nice idea well done!

giselediaz
Oct 11, 2009 at 6:09 pm

I agree with Callum. Is it simple enough to pass the reduction test?…The application test on labels, clothing, business cards? Does it shows a synthesis people can draw by heart like we all have done with Nike, Addidas o even Coca Cola?
I suggest reading Marty Neumeier’s The Brand Gap. PDF presentation its at Slideshare.com

mikeW
Oct 30, 2009 at 6:56 am

call me perverted but this is a bad idea for a logo, looks like the bodily fluids that of being released by a man’s phallic region