2009-06-30 | Wine Mosaic

Tags: , ,

“Wine Mosaic uses technology to custom blend wines to the client’s tastes. They do business mainly in the USA, China, and Latin America. The plan is to also start a CoffeMosaic, BeerMosaci et cetera. Therefor the symbol needed to be universal and easily changeable without loosing it’s recognition.”

Credits: Floris Voorveld

10 Comments to “2009-06-30 | Wine Mosaic”

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:08 am

so for coffee you’d change the red/green for shades of brown? and beer for colors ranging from black to white with all sorts of brown and yellow…

I like the flexibility I’m not sure if the text element shouldn’t be under the graphic item, it could be worth a try. the font could use some livening up too.

For this one, I like the color scheme and the pattern. the Mosaic is clear as day!

Armig
Jun 30, 2009 at 1:07 am

Yeah I think this is the best it can be since they want it to be flexible and changeable..
The mosaic looks great.. I liked it..

Samuel Guebo
Jun 30, 2009 at 6:59 am

im fond of the color combo.

Tanya
Jun 30, 2009 at 9:53 am

I think it does well conceptually but I’m having trouble picturing it in a black and white version especially as a part of a larger series like coffee and beer. Shades of gray I’m supposing.

Maybe it doesn’t need to exist in a B & W version?

Looks great though.

Nix
Jun 30, 2009 at 10:16 pm

I’m torn. It could be a pretty cool mark, if they found creative ways to use it. By itself, I don’t think it’s fantastic.

Curious thought: What about people who are red/green colorblind?

Floris Voorveld
Jun 30, 2009 at 10:38 pm

First, thanks for the comliments.

Indeed the colors would change for every different beverage.

Of course in a b/w version the colors would drop. But that’s ok since it still is a mosaic and a round shape which connotes a glass or bottle from above.

I put the name next to the mark because it’s visaully the most accepted, your brain remembers it the fastest this way. If the logo would be vertical you’d remember it less quick.

Floris Voorveld
Jun 30, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Compliments that is, of course ;)

Michel Cabelho
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:01 am

I liked of this one, the mosiac is very clear and the concept agree with the idea. Great job.

Aahh… Nice colors, too.

Kacie
Jun 1, 2010 at 6:30 am

I was glad to read such information,Farah

???????????????????????