2009-06-27 | The Message

The Message is an internal magazine for the Abbey Baptist Church.

Credits:  Sam Dallyn

11 Comments to “2009-06-27 | The Message”

Joel Lumsden
Jun 27, 2009 at 12:45 am

Nope, afraid it really doesn’t do it for me. Looks a bit contrived, and it don’t think the logo and the text logo sit well together.

Jun 27, 2009 at 12:55 am

I like the Graphic item, it is fit for something like a church, the image tells a story of sharing and caring.

But I think there is too much of a gap between the graphic item and the font.

Also, the fact that the M is the same as the grahic portion, I don’t really understand why the font is not integrated in it.

I see a lot of potential… RAW potential, but it is still there.

Jessica Stewart
Jun 27, 2009 at 2:24 am

I like the graphic logo but why did they not incorporate the circles over the M in the text logo?

Alex
Jun 27, 2009 at 3:04 am

The icon looks good, but I really don’t like the text. The two don’t go together at all.

Allegro
Jun 27, 2009 at 4:02 am

I saw the two people, but there was another part of me that saw a face in that logo, XD

I agree about implementing the logo into the text. As it stands now, the two items look like separate entities that happen to be near each other.

Samuel Guebo
Jun 27, 2009 at 5:45 am

This is more like “meet”.

OllieJ Design
Jul 4, 2009 at 2:11 am

I agree with several of the previous points made. The pictogram could easily be integrated into the type itself, thereby making one element instead of two.

And yes, the typography doesn’t mesh well. If I reading an actual message in that typeface, my eyes would give out because of how heavy the text was.

I would go with a medium thickness, san-serif font; possibly in a smaller uppercase.

Amy Stoddard
Mar 3, 2010 at 8:12 am

Anyone else see http://www.servicemagic.com/ ?

Deborah Miller
Mar 19, 2010 at 7:24 pm

I think this logo belongs to someone, I remember seeing it recently. I want to say Marketplace or something on Facebook.

Deborah Miller
Mar 19, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Sorry, it’s not Marketplace, Amy Stoddard had it correct – that is the logo for service magic!! See, logos work, I knew it from somewhere!

Deborah Miller
Mar 19, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Ok, sorry again…just checked and Marketplace on Facebook is indeed using the same logo. So why not make a third time!