2009-06-09 | Tiffany & Co

“Creating a mark for Tiffany was an interesting challenge: to design a monogram that could be small enough for the winder of a man’s watch, or large enough for a construction shed.”

Designer: Louise Fili Ltd

15 Comments to “2009-06-09 | Tiffany & Co”

Eric Schultz
Jun 9, 2009 at 2:17 am

Interesting mark – I think it works in the capacity defined above. Could work for branding as people become more aware of the mark.

Daniel Hunninghake
Jun 9, 2009 at 2:19 am

At first it’s very appealing. But looking closer, the only complaint I have is that the “O” looks more like a “Q”. Minor point..I like it tho

Ahmed Elmasry
Jun 9, 2009 at 2:45 am

I like it, very memorable..

Alex
Jun 9, 2009 at 3:06 am

I like it to, but agree with Daniel.

Jane
Jun 9, 2009 at 3:13 am

My eye love it!

Daniela Zeckua
Jun 9, 2009 at 4:18 am

Nice logo… As Ahmed said, very memorable, but yes… The “O” look like a “Q”.. Anyway, It could work great..

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:07 am

good logo, after reading comments I started seeing the Q instead of the O

Appart from this minor detail, I like it a lot!

Aslam A Memon
Jun 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm

I agree wid Daniel Hunninghake here
but i actually started to see the Q only when i read the comment

However its a very nice type mark, really well executed, n i like the font

Callum Chapman
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:46 pm

This one got a 5 from me, elegant, stylish and memorable – perfect!

Callum Chapman
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:47 pm

p.s. if you pay attention to the lines either side of the ‘o’, noticing the end of the ‘&’ sign is underneath the ‘o’ eliminates the fact that it looks like a ‘Q’.. if that made sense :D

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:57 am

@Callum
I think it is safe to say we all understood how the art of the & and O come together, it’s just the optical illusion it creates that makes the O look like a Q. Considering the relative similaritude between the two letters, it doesn’t take much to make one look like the other.

I personally would love to make a suggestion as to how to correct this, since I’m a huge fan of constructive comment, but I just can’t figure it out. This logo has a art style that would be severely impaired by most tries to correct the O-Q situation. I think that’s why people have been noticing the problem but no one has submitted a possible solution.

TL;DR we know why we saw it like that but we still like it.

SaraKate
Jun 10, 2009 at 11:34 am

I love this logo. Simple, classic, enormous range, yet recognizable and easily used for branding. Very elegant.

Boy Called Out
Jun 11, 2009 at 3:32 pm

As a logo, it’s nice… As a lovemark, it’s brilliant! Ha! You could apply a rainbow gradient people would STILL buy into it.

SuperDave4eva
Jun 13, 2009 at 9:30 am

I see a T, 8, C and Q… I like the concept but logos that confuse don’t get a high rating from me.

ShanShan
Jun 17, 2009 at 3:05 am

I’m not exactly sure what bothered me at first glance…i think that the size of the font is a refine point–maybe it is the ‘&’ that is too big. It doesn’t flow effortlessly. And making is smaller would free up the ‘Q’ issue:) Also making the CO look uppercase or less unequal too may add to the overall flow! It will look lovely on a watch, true.