2009-06-08 | TeamWorks

Tags: , , ,

“TEAMWORKS is a reseller of SolidWorks 3D CAD-software in Denmark. Their mascot is a bumble bee. I decided to create the bee out of mutliple colorfull circles so it both says Bee ánd Teamwork. Also because this way it is very scalable. If you do not see a bee, move back from your computer screen.”

Designer: Floris Voorveld

15 Comments to “2009-06-08 | TeamWorks”

Rahul
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:11 am

I like the concept of the logo. But if you @designer tell me to move back from my computer screen to look for a bee that’s not going to happen.

I don’t see a bee, period.

Shreemani
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:20 am

I think if the designer tells us to move your head to the left, right, top or bottom, then the viewers will give such comment, naturally.

but i went quite a few feet away from my laptop, still no bee to be seen.

But I have to say nice logo though. better when i watch it close enough.

@seantoomey
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:41 am

I think if the circles were slightly smaller and more condensed it would look good. I like the concept, shape and color selections, it’s just slightly abstract to clearly communicate your message adequately. You can’t tell consumers how to look at your logo, they’ll look how they look & will form an opinion in 1/20th of a second, sans instructions.

@theDmacG
Jun 8, 2009 at 7:04 am

I never saw the bee. Your logo doesn’t work if you have to help the viewer interpret it. It’s too abstract and how could you ever reproduce this in one colour?

Callum Chapman
Jun 8, 2009 at 8:37 am

I love this logo, I saw the bee straight away, and it’s a great representation of the word ‘teamworks’ – bee’s wouldn’t cope without each other!

esteban_diaz
Jun 8, 2009 at 9:05 am

Would be better with more condensated hexagons instead of points. Just IMO.

Angie
Jun 8, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Hm. I don’t really understand this logo. As a fan of clear, blissfully simple visual communications I don’t think a logo you seriously have to study and think about is best. I also am having a hard time seeing the bee.

But take it with a grain of salt, that is just my opinion.

Daniela Zeckua
Jun 8, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I think is not correct, that the designer must explain that if one does not see the shape of its logo, must move away of the screen… Anyway, I like it ;)

pato
Jun 8, 2009 at 4:32 pm

esta 2-2 pero no se le entiende mucho…………………….sorry

Aslam A Memon
Jun 8, 2009 at 5:06 pm

concept is nice, well thot, but bee is still missing

K.
Jun 8, 2009 at 7:32 pm

cool! i like it

Jamie
Jun 8, 2009 at 11:32 pm

how can you *not* see the bee? the yellow & black stripes make it obvious to me. ;)

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:55 pm

no bee for me. sorry but I think the concept overshadows the execution and that’s not a good thing.

I think there is too many dots, it is confusing for the eye to look for a shape in such a mess. the other option would have been to (for exemple) have a full grid of unicolor dots and then detail the shape out of different colors (à la lightbright pins)

could use some work, lots of potential but for me, I wouldn’t have bought it.

SuperDave4eva
Jun 13, 2009 at 9:52 am

A so-so idea with weak execution. I can actually see the bee.. well kind of anyhow. You could be on to something, but it needs a lot of work. Maybe try reducing the size of the dots or even using different sized dots.

??????????????????????? | Quarter