2009-05-20 | One Here One There

Since 2006, One Here One There has raised funds to support education in sub-Saharan Africa, allowing the organization to support a wide variety of education-related needs.

* Funds have been used to free families from the necessity of forcing children – particularly young girls – to work for family income rather than attend school.
* At rates as low as $20 per student per year, funds have been used to pay tuition and buy books.
* For as little as $10,000, entire schools have been built where none had previously existed.

Designer: Carl Vervisch

22 Comments to “2009-05-20 | One Here One There”

May 20, 2009 at 12:04 am

nice reflexion, it could use some more color but I just love the design

Alex
May 20, 2009 at 12:29 am

I like the concept. Could have been executed better though.

Michael Stout
May 20, 2009 at 1:31 am

I feel like you could have implemented element(s) to draw a connection to the area the organization is benefiting.

Megan McGonagill
May 20, 2009 at 1:55 am

There really does need to be some sort of connection with the design to its cause, since it is so great… maybe work with color more or an element, otherwise awesome job!

Rahul
May 20, 2009 at 2:21 am

Very nice concept. I’m impressed. But the color combination looks cool here rather than their own website ;)

Jack
May 20, 2009 at 3:29 am

The logo has a nice concept behind it, however it sort of fails in color scheme, and i feel that the arrow was thrown in because FEDEX got a lot of hype from their arrow that they carefully and concisely incorporated.

Torrie Foster
May 20, 2009 at 5:11 am

Love it

august west
May 20, 2009 at 6:18 am

Great logo, and I love the arrow. I disagree with Jack. Arrows are great for creating movement and just because FedEx has an arrow doesn’t mean that (a) you can use one yourself and (b) the fact that you did use one doesn’t mean you ripped off FedEx. I don’t believe they own a copyright on an arrow. Just my humble op.

Callum Chapman
May 20, 2009 at 6:30 am

Pretty nice, and I completely agree with August West!

m:rek
May 20, 2009 at 8:01 am

love this concept// although I feel like the arrow is not needed /// too much of good stuff ya kno/// i is already clever as is with the shadow play..

Carl Vervisch
May 20, 2009 at 4:01 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. Certainly all fair comments.

Graham
May 20, 2009 at 7:03 pm

This is a very well thought out concept. I must congratulate you for the idea!

Jonathan Patterson
May 20, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Awesome concept and very unique execution.

Sheila Burnham
May 21, 2009 at 1:50 am

I love logos with hidden surprises- like a Highlights picture! Yours is really awesome. The ‘T’, the ‘arrow’, the ‘reflection’ spelling out a different word..

Tom OKeefe
May 22, 2009 at 2:05 am

At first glance I didn’t like it. Then when I looked at it again I really love the concept. The color scheme needs work. It makes the concept feel incomplete.

Carl Vervisch
May 22, 2009 at 2:33 am

There’s been a lot of commentary on the color scheme, but no specifics on what’s troubling you about it. Would anyone care to clarify?

Tom OKeefe
May 22, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Hey Carl–
maybe it’s just that the grays that you went with even more so when the logo lives on a yellow background. The green makes sense just the grays don’t. If you want to stick with grays it would be nice to see if you could come up with a gray color combo that could be more unique to them. Lots of grays you can choose from also you can make your own.
Even though I like the green it kinda feels dull next to the grays.

just my opinion. I do like the over all concept.

-Tom

m:rek
May 23, 2009 at 3:33 am

i stumbled upon this logo on Lysol spray… http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/f/f4/Reckitt_Benckiser_logo.svg/800px-Reckitt_Benckiser_logo.svg.png but don’t worry Beckitt Renckiser has rebranded since

JvT
Jun 4, 2009 at 12:08 am

I read the logo and what I got on first impression was “1 here, 1 there” so that’s fine and dandy but I don’t understand how it reflects the cause.

trubnikov
Jun 11, 2009 at 9:47 pm

arrow between R an R-reflex is the same way like in FedEx
between E and x

Jason Schwartz
Oct 13, 2009 at 1:52 am

I agree. Love the arrow.

I somewhat don’t understand the color scheme, it throws the “reflection” off- maybe alter the bottom 1?

jaanvi