2009-05-03 | Talk City

TalkCity is an online forum of Mzingas. Website currently being redesigned.

Designer: Tom O’Keefe

20 Comments to “2009-05-03 | Talk City”

Paul Randall
May 3, 2009 at 12:45 am

I like it. Sophisticated, cool and modern without being corporate.

Patrick Moran
May 3, 2009 at 1:36 am

Ha! Congrats Tom! I remember when you came up with this… Love it!

Patrick

Michael Stout
May 3, 2009 at 2:07 am

I like this concept very much. Although right now I feel the mark is very fifty, fifty.

Indra Prasasto
May 3, 2009 at 2:29 am

Very cool. Symbolizes the company name very well. The color composition looks young enough but not too young, very cool. And I really like the font too.

Nikhil
May 3, 2009 at 2:56 am

Great logo,
really talkative……….

MWilson
May 3, 2009 at 3:09 am

I like the mark itself… but the font choice i don’t like at all. It feels unfinished to me.

Ebi Atawodi
May 3, 2009 at 4:04 am

I do like…

Andy Steele
May 3, 2009 at 6:10 am

Nice Tom – playful, unrestricted.
I like

Chris Siegle
May 3, 2009 at 8:08 am

I agree with MWilson, I love the mark itself, but I think there could be a better font choice, maybe something that can match the scrapbook-like feel the mark has

Graham
May 3, 2009 at 9:51 am

Ooh finally, I get the chance to tear up Tom’s work! Here goes…

I like it! Looks great man, but I do agree with others about the typeface. I’d have preferred something a bit chunkier to match the logo.

Alex
May 3, 2009 at 11:37 am

Great concept and execution. Love it!

Tom
May 3, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Tom, Very clever! Engaging and colorful… nice work!

miro
May 4, 2009 at 12:10 am

I love this logo and the color choice!

Devlin
May 4, 2009 at 8:04 am

I like it. Very fun. I don’t mind the type, perhaps a bit too thin, but not bad. I like the use of a well designed typeface contrasting with the hand drawn elements. Lots of things here can be taken and repurposed.

Tom OKeefe
May 4, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Thank you everyone for the comments. Graham I’m sorry that you didn’t have an opportunity (yet) to tear up my work. Give it time. :-)

Thank you Tom H. you made my day!!!

I can understand some of your opinions regarding the typography that I used. I wanted the mark to illustrate Talk City and be the focus. I feel it could live with or without type and still work.

Thank you.

Tom

May 4, 2009 at 11:54 pm

I see a lot of different things in there

Speech bubbles, skyscrapers and old school microphones.

maybe I’m the only one seeing those microphones, but I like the fact that I can see them.

good work!

Pascal Assaleh
May 8, 2009 at 3:31 pm

I love it very well done

Graham
Jun 6, 2009 at 7:45 am

Tom, don’t know if you’ll see this on time or not… but I’m posting here just incase you’re subscribed to these comments.

I’m sure you probably don’t know about it, but there is a company looking for a logo on crowdspring and someone has submitted something pretty similar to your logo. I’m not sure if it will get chosen or not (I’d pick it, cause it looks good) but I just wanted to let you know.

Tom OKeefe
Jun 7, 2009 at 2:04 am

Graham–
Thanks. This logo was designed for my client and in fact they are the ones who submitted it to this site. So this design can’t be re-sold or submitted.

” Disclosure: I created everything in my entry and I didn’t copy anyone else’s concept.” Quote from that designer on that site. HAHAHAHA pretty entertaining.

wow $250.00 HA!!

Thank you Graham for bringing this to my attention.

Best,
Tom

Maff the Logo Designer
Sep 4, 2009 at 4:24 am

Works really well communicates the message with instant clarity.