2009-06-03 | Audio Tennis

Audiotennis is a PONG-esque flash game.

about the game:
you can play the game via your microphone or mouse wheel.
the website always fit your browser window so just resize it to get a new challenge/difficulty.
for various options like “pause/play” and “switch to hard mode” right-click anywhere .

Designer of Game & Logo: Andre Weier

9 Comments to “2009-06-03 | Audio Tennis”

Alex
Jun 3, 2009 at 2:30 am

Clever! When I first read the name before I saw the logo, I imagined speakers in the shape of tennis racquets. But I like this more.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:34 am

I think the designer tried a bit too hard.

I guess there is some concept idea of two Is playing pong with the dot, but in this case, it makes the logo chaotic.

audotenns is more readable. Like I said, there is a good idea in there… just maybe not with the word Audio Tennis

might work better with a a word ending with I and one starting with I…

Abounding
Jun 3, 2009 at 3:29 am

I love that it hearkens back to the great old days of video game simplicity. The only concern would be its readability. Gets the creativity flowing none the less.

Marnie B
Jun 3, 2009 at 9:18 am

This is clever, but doesn’t really flow too well. It seems really disjointed.

Graham
Jun 3, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I’m going with DChuck here.

I read “audl otenns” and had to stare for a few seconds before realizing what it said, then I was wondering why the words were messed up, THEN I saw the pong reference… took entirely too long. Plus it seems like the pong part was the desired effect and the wording was the afterthought to make the mark work; I mean, audiotennis doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Even the game makes no sense to use your mic input. Seems to me the development of the whole thing went something like ‘logo>name>game’ just to make it all work.

All this aside… with the I floating that high, it looks too close to the D and too far from the O. shift the I to the right a bit and maybe it’ll be more readable.

ArturDZGN
Jun 3, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Can´t read it..
At first i thought it was some swedish or nordic name.
If its retro maybe some use of color would resolve it.

ArturDZGN
Jun 3, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Oh.. i saw it on the site.
Motion solves the problem ;) But static its tricky.

Jan Zabransky
Jun 5, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Perfect original and memorable logo for that game.

push