2009-04-25 | Sarah Pukin

“The logo is for my company – Sarah Pukin Photography. My company motto is “Photography, the key to remembering fabulous people. I do a bunch of different types of photography – from Fashion to Weddings. So in the keys are my initials S and P.

Designer: Nathan Matthews

8 Comments to “2009-04-25 | Sarah Pukin”

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:30 am

I guess it’s an OK logo if you go around giving business cards. I wouldn’t have put it on major marketing media because it would confuse the viewer.
Even if you explain the moto, it is a hard link to make between photography and keys.

To help with that principle, I would’ve tried to put a camera in a negative space or in the bottom part of the keys. (add a white rectangle with a black dot and a small square indentation for the flash. it would still retail the old century key look and have some sort of camera in it.

But like I said, not a very memorable one but still good for entry-level marketing.

Alex
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:00 am

With the motto it makes a little sense, but by itself I wouldn’t know what it was for.

EJSchultz
Apr 25, 2009 at 1:32 am

I agree with the above. Additionally, I find the S and P difficult to cull from the keys as they are a little too ornate. Looks to me like a fancy hotel or antique dealer’s logo.

Jamie
Apr 25, 2009 at 3:25 am

I like this logo a lot; it’s very unique & classy.

There are already too many photographer logos that include a camera, film, or shutter as part of the icon. This logo is at least something original. [And for what it's worth, I don't feel like a logo *has* to tell you what the company is on first glance.]

James Hsu
Apr 25, 2009 at 8:57 pm

I’m going to have to disagree with some of the above statements and go ahead and say I feel like this is a very successful logo. Though I realize the logomark itself has very little reference to “photography,” I can appreciate the subtlety of “Sarah Pukin,” being the key (to successful photography in this case). I also find the subtle S & P letter forms to be an eloquent touch.

I enjoy the symmetry, and see no issues with logo reproduction small, large, or any color of the spectrum.

SuperDave4eva
Apr 27, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I’m with James and Jamie on this one…

Tom OKeefe
Apr 28, 2009 at 1:34 am

hmmm ok
This mark could look interesting at large scale but when reduced it’s all lost. I don’t think of photography at all when looking at this. It’s still nice looking at a large scale.

Lina
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:35 am

I really enjoy the logo and after looking at it for a few minutes got the general idea of it. I think it’s original work.