2009-04-09 | Tree Creds

TREECREDS is a “profit for purpose” organization aiming to reduce the impact of climate change through the promotion of “carbon funded” avoided deforestation and habitat regeneration projects in Australia and internationally.
The concept behind the logo? Replacing car emissions with trees to help save the world. A simple ploom of car smoke, that progresses and develops into a tree is a clear, global message of what TREECREDS is all about.”

The ‘progression’ also allows for the mark to be animated and ‘played with’ for marketing and promotional material. See here.

Designer: Ben Williams

15 Comments to “2009-04-09 | Tree Creds”

Dominic
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:01 am

Good Concept. But somehow I dont like the execution…

Apr 9, 2009 at 12:08 am

I think that the whte interior is somewhat ruining it. it makes the car loor weird and compressed.By looking at the ouline, it looks like a regular average joe’s car, but this white shape is crippling.

it’s a darn shame because the concept is awesome.

Tom OKeefe
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:18 am

cool concept. I like illustration of the tree along with the building with smoke on the t-shirt that is shown in the video. It’s a nice consistent style of illustration. To bad the type treatment for the Tree Cred wasn’t as nice as the illustrations. It feels out of place with it being broken up and rough texture next to a nice clean solid thick line illustration.

Still nice!

EJSchultz
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:44 am

I like the concept, but like the others I agree that the concept is better than the execution.

Sajjad Haider Syed
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:54 am

Beautiful idea… speaks of itself, no need to explain, BUT…. execution… as everyone noticed… is not good…

Its very painful to see nice idea spoiled just because of bad-execution…

Torrie Foster
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:59 am

I really like the concept, but I’m not sure about the two different green colors on the car and the tree. But I sure do love the concept the more I look at it.

Dominic
Apr 9, 2009 at 1:08 am

I again want to point out that the concept really is good.
Finaly, after a long time at LOTD, a logo that has a true concept again.

Michael Stout
Apr 9, 2009 at 2:12 am

Is it me, or are there two different shades of green in this logo?

Jdrand
Apr 9, 2009 at 2:14 am

Like everyone has said ahead of me, great idea – bad illustrator skills. Not forcing the stroke to the outside of the objects turned this into an eye sore.

It should only take 3 seconds to fix though, and it would be great.

Graham
Apr 9, 2009 at 3:22 am

As Jdrand mentioned, the bad look of the car is being caused by the stroke being centered on the car design. Push it to the outside and do a bit of resizing and it should be good to go.

Jenn Steinhauer
Apr 9, 2009 at 5:38 am

@Michael Stout That 2-tone green is the first thing I noticed; there are two shades used. That was point #1 that turned me off and point #2 is the stroke being on the inside making the car look squashed. Wonderful idea but if it were me I’d have played with it a little longer. :)

Alan Amorim
Apr 9, 2009 at 6:26 am

Exactly, whats the point of two different shades of green? Good concept, anyway…

anon
Apr 9, 2009 at 9:47 am

ok… disappointing again tho

Phil
Apr 10, 2009 at 8:04 am

My first thoughts when I saw it were the same as what Jdrand and Graham mentioned.

My eyes looked at the white part of the car first, and I wondered why they would make the wheels and front look so tiny. Then I realized the stroke looked right. And from my experience this has always been caused by the stroke being centered on the line rather than to the outside. And the stroke being so thick only made it worse.

The centered stroke and the tree’s different shade are my only problems with this. Otherwise, it’s a good concept.

I watched the PBS documentary of the guy who came up with the idea trying to sell it to companies. The Tree Creds idea is innovative, and I was a bit disappointed when I saw how the logo was executed.

SuperDave4eva
Apr 14, 2009 at 4:23 am

Could have been so much more…