2009-04-06 | Borgo Riccio

“Borgo Riccio is a bed and breakfast situated in the charming Torchiara (Italy), near Paestum, where the sea and the ancient Greek temples are a nice frame to the place. The old house is on the top of a hill and it offers a unique landscape. The crest was chosen because it symbolises the age of the house and the heritage of the place where it’s situated. In the crest there’s a castle, symbol of Torchiara, and the olive branches, present on the surrounding hills. The style of lettering is classic, as classic as the house.”

Designer: Mauro Sadano

9 Comments to “2009-04-06 | Borgo Riccio”

om ipit
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:17 am

wooww… thats nice…

like knight logo…

nice, elegant too…

Alex
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:48 am

I really like crest logos.

K.
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:52 pm

this logo looks very Italian and its beautiful!

Nikhil
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:48 am

The logo perfectly matches to the explanation. Like olive branches, present on the surrounding hills.

Great Logo, Great Concept.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:14 am

one of the few applications where a crest logo works. Bead & Breakfast are the perfect customers for them.

on a creative standpoint thou, this crest is kind of bland and unimaginative. I read the description and it looks like it was created. If it had been the family crest for generations, there wouldn’t be a problem because it would’ve branded with the owners perfectly, but when you create it from scratch, it should be better than that.

All in all, this crest is well targeted but could have been more.

Jason
Apr 7, 2009 at 4:37 am

I like the logo – except for the blackletter font used in the crest itself. If you’re going to use two caps in blackletter font, I think it really should be more of a decorative use of the type, not just two letters. I guess I was hoping for a look more like a grand initial cap in an antique book.

Brian Cassidy
Apr 8, 2009 at 1:41 am

I agree that the application of a crest works for a client like this. Some of the detail gets lost when reduced to this size. Overall very classy and well done.

Tom OKeefe
Apr 8, 2009 at 5:35 pm

This logo just doesn’t read well. Yes at a larger scale I would have a different opinion but at the size it’s shown here the B&R don’t seem that clear. The second level name of the logo “Torchiara” is lost to me and doesn’t stand out. :(

boxerdude
Jan 4, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I really like this but the scaling is an issue. Also, am I the only one bothered by the unnecessary length of the dividing line between the two text elements? Maybe it’s just me.