2009-04-05 | Kim Seidl

“Kim is a high end wedding photographer in Orange County, CA. She wanted a look that was both modern and organic and something she could expand into her blog design and marketing material.”

Designer: Ellen Petty

14 Comments to “2009-04-05 | Kim Seidl”

Nikhil
Apr 5, 2009 at 1:16 am

Is there K & S in the logo(above the name)?
Logo is looking really rich.

Rahul
Apr 5, 2009 at 1:29 am

I believe this logo could be much more better.

Jesse
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:42 am

Hey Rahul,
I think you should check your grammar before you comment.
“Much more” is redundant. Thanks

twe4ked
Apr 5, 2009 at 11:39 am

Nice logo, but is it just me or is the ‘e’ missing?

also I think the ‘l’ looks out of place. I actual logo is great though.

twe4ked
Apr 5, 2009 at 11:42 am

@jesse

Try thinking before you comment. Did u stop to think that English might be his second language? He could also be simply tired, its a comment on a logo and even though it didn’t give much back to the community it was better than your comment where you took time to point out someone else’s flaws. Do you feel good about yourself?

Gemma
Apr 5, 2009 at 11:43 pm

I personally don’t like how thin the text is. It says more ‘tech’ to me and doesn’t balance well with the weight of the black cube above it.

The flower in the logo doesn’t really communicate ‘wedding’ to me either – more ‘interior designer’. And the swooshes on the left leave me wondering whether I’m supposed to see letters or whether they are simply abstract decoration.

Cynthia
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:16 am

I really like this logo. It looks exquisite and upscale.
Btw, we’re critiquing designs here, not grammer.

penflare
Apr 6, 2009 at 11:58 am

the logos on the site lately have been par at best..

Fogra
Apr 7, 2009 at 12:37 am

^ I have to agree. Most submissions are unremarkable.

Brian Cassidy
Apr 7, 2009 at 2:09 am

@twe4ked Well said. I also thought his comment was a bit immature.

This logo is not the greatest. It has a bit of a clip art feel to it. The K&S cut out in the box is to thin and abstract to read as a K&S. Also the text is to thin to balance well with the bold graphic. I don’t think this logo would make it onto a worst logos list, but I’m having a hard time finding something nice to say about it.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:04 am

The Logo has its merits but it has its flaws too.

it says high class and charm when you look at it, which are good quality for a wedding photographer.
but it is very generic and unremarkable. which are bad when you are in a competitive business.

3/5 at best for me.

Ellen Petty
Apr 7, 2009 at 5:51 am

Nikhil, Cynthia and twe4ked, thank you for your kind words. The logo is spelled correctly, the entry was just misspelled.

jen capone
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:46 am

(congrats ellen!)

Valerie
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:03 am

I like it, looks very upscale to me and I can easily see it printed in a modern classy way on the back of an invite or something. Great job!