2009-04-03 | Pixelette

“Pixelette is a portrait photography studio that specializes in a fashion magazine style. We will be shooting seniors, couples, boudoir, and model portfolios.” “Target audience; Young people ages 16-30 that are looking for portraits that are nontraditional and modern. My audience is tech savvy, creative, and stylish. They are the type who love fashion and trends and carry their bright yellow ipod with them everywhere. There’s a P, pixel and camera all in one simple icon above the name. It’s modern and memorable, fits the client brief. It will work in all sorts of situations really well, from mono uses to photo watermarking and high color work. ”

Designer: Mark Tyson

8 Comments to “2009-04-03 | Pixelette”

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:18 am

at first I didn’t understand. Then it hit me like a ton of brick: Those are cameras drawn with a few ssquares each. the pink one is an old school camera and in the lens, there is a white modern camera!

WOW. oh, the P was well tought too.

blew my mind today, great job!

Torrie Foster
Apr 3, 2009 at 1:12 am

Ditto!!

Madhavi Sani
Apr 3, 2009 at 2:34 am

cute!

ESchultz
Apr 3, 2009 at 3:02 am

Nice work on this one – I like the over/under effect with the camera/P shape being right side up and upside down. Much love for this piece!

Brian Cassidy
Apr 3, 2009 at 9:28 am

At first glance I didn’t like this logo and i don’t know why. After looking at it a bit more I really like how the imaginary square/rectangle each letter was designed into is mimicked in the rectangles of the camera/pixel/P thing… Not my favorite, but I like it… …now.

Nikhil
Apr 3, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Ya, I got it! P, Pixel & Camera…

Apr 4, 2009 at 12:24 am

I don’t know about everybody else, but appart from the P in the pink design, I don’t see an upside down camera, I see one of those old camera on a stand where the cameraman would cofer his head in a blanket and had that magnesium powder flash.

maybe I have too much imagination.

Mark Tyson
Apr 4, 2009 at 1:52 am

DChuck you are right, the ‘P’ is like the old 1920’s depression era camera, as well as a P. The normal camera is the white pixel square composed icon inside. Shame the customer chose this later design in the competition, as you can see on their site; http://www.pixelettephoto.com/ clearly influenced by my previous entry!!!!