2009-03-29 | Sugar Cult

Tags: ,

“The logo was created for an imaginary candy store, and we decided to work about a gourmet store, with exclusive products and exclusive costumers. The concept was to make a logo that at the same time can be connected to a gourmet candy store, but also we wanted to give a manual factor to it, because we wanted to show that every candy is like traditional hand made. We think that the heart as an icon perfectly shows the idea from people who love candy’s and can’t live without sugar.”

See it in use here.

Designer: Nidia Dias and Ana Viera

9 Comments to “2009-03-29 | Sugar Cult”

Nikhil
Mar 29, 2009 at 1:00 am

Nice Logo!
Especially the SUG of sugar is looking good.

Cody Jensen
Mar 29, 2009 at 1:50 am

I didn’t like it until I saw it in use on the stationary and boxes. Now I think it’s cool.

Michelle Marie
Mar 29, 2009 at 3:08 am

Perhaps a little more competitive research, because this has a lot of the same feelings as the identity for haute chocolatier Vosges.

Alex
Mar 29, 2009 at 3:49 am

I agree with cody, well done on the packaging.

SuperDave4eva
Mar 30, 2009 at 5:02 am

The wonderful packaging aside (nice job), I don’t find this logo to be that spectacular. The arrangement of the letters seems a bit haphazard. Although I admit this logo feels playful, to me it looks somewhat unprofessional. Thankfully the brilliant packaging makes up the difference.

Sajjad Haider Syed
Mar 30, 2009 at 8:19 am

ok… overall the logo is not bad… but (I hate this but specially when it is from the client, any how)

in your packaging there is one serious problem I see your BG corporate color is purple… where as on the box / bag & T-shirt it appears as brown… which makes your corporate look a bit weak… (it might be only in the picture)

Second main concern is that on business card you wont read the line “Love for good” cause your main lettering is just too big when compared to the tag line, or else you find some better / creative way to come over it…

any how… well-done… its not bad

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:36 am

I’m not the biggest fan of the concept. All this looks too raw, unrefined and to an extent; dirty.

Those things don’t come to my mind when I think about a handmade candy store.

the childish style is correct, candy brings us to our childhood. I just think it could have had a more clean “chinese ink paint writing” look instead of the dirty crayon style.

at least that’s how I wouldve done it, it doesn’t mean that it THE way to do it. Plus, the client baught it if I read the text correctly, so it must have some merit!

Camille
Mar 31, 2009 at 6:36 am

Like DChuck, I too am not fond of logos like this. They look untidy and haphazard. I’ve seen logos with a clean and cheery look that use a style reminiscent of a child writing with a crayon, but this logo isn’t one of them.

I see a lot of the commenters like this logo and have remarked on how well the packaging works with it. For the store’s sake I hope so; I personally would look at packaging with this logo and think “I sure hope whatever the store put inside the package looks better than their logo!”

Tom OKeefe
Apr 8, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Really nice type treatment. I really like the printed materials.

YAY I like a logo posted on this site. Run for the hills. :)