2009-03-27 | Obama

Tags: , , ,

Obama’s campaign logo.

Designer: Sol Sender

21 Comments to “2009-03-27 | Obama”

Yofie Setiawan
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:36 am

more information about the logo creation…

Rob Russo
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:39 am

Is this the new Pepsi logo? Haha.

Max
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:40 am

simply O-some !

Paul Randall
Mar 27, 2009 at 1:01 am

I’ve liked this from the first time I saw it.

Energetic, refreshing and patriotic.

Nikhil
Mar 27, 2009 at 1:07 am

First, Logo is awesome
Second, I don’t know it shown {concept of logo} or not but the inner O (white one} looks like the rising Sun…
Isn’t It?
Whatever it is but the Logo is fantastic.

EJSchultz
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:00 am

I liked this the first time I saw it… then Pepsi had to hijack it…

Habs
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:05 am

yeah, i agree about the pepsi LOL

Tahrir
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:14 am

Gotta agree. Liked it the first time I saw it, til Pepsi was mentioned, and yes, it does remind you of it.

Rob Russo
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:27 am

I’ll add that this is a great logo. I didn’t mean to take away from the big O, but there has been a lot of comparison between the two among the design community.

To further the off-topic banter, I’m not too into the new Pepsi logo myself (could be biased since I’m a Coke fan) but admit the outdoor advertising is oh-so-simple and very eye-catching.

ezduzit
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:44 am

This is a Great example of Logo design in every way. It’s clean, it reads well, it’s modern without being tacky, and most importantly it communicates on multiple levels.

Good call!

Mar 27, 2009 at 4:48 am

Politics… in MY LotD?
Just kidding guys! this logo is great
O for Obama
Stars and stripes for America
Rising sun for his Hope campaign theme

damn, I’m from Quebec and I would’ve wanted to vote for him after seeing this logo, it’s brushing with perfection!

SuperDave4eva
Mar 27, 2009 at 6:53 am

This excellent logo proved to be a key factor in winning the votes of Americans for the presidency, and was a fresh change from the the many ho-hum political logos of the past.

Devlin
Mar 27, 2009 at 8:20 am

A great logo by any estimation. Pleasing to look at, clear in symbolism and reinforced the main message of the product (campaign). I find it interesting how Obama campaign’s graphic look was mirrored and augmented by grass roots efforts (see Fairey, Shepard and others like him). That is an interesting effect that companies, political campaigns and designers should pay attention to. Communication isn’t solely a one way street anymore.

Van
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:56 pm

I liked this logo when I saw it a year ago. Can we try to stick to, I dunno, NEW logos or at least RECENT ones?

Graham
Mar 27, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I think this is a great logo given the context. You can almost feel the meaning behind it by just looking at it. And the more you look at it the more you get from it. Nicely done!

Sajjad Haider Syed
Mar 30, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Guys… sorry to come up with really awkward or quite negative thought for the logo… to me it simply shows what American Gov have been upto in the past, present & future (as it is for the recently elected Gov), it clearly shows…..:

THE LAND FULL OF BLOOD

and yes it purely reflects American Gov. And I like the truthfulness of this logo.

pondhopper
Apr 16, 2009 at 4:42 am

Interesting comment by Sajjad Haider Syed. I think though, it is meant to be the American flag waving below the horizon line. However, it is important to note, as Sajjad, has pointed out, that circumstances can also help or hinder interpretation of an intended message.

Faraz Sayyed
May 12, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Logo is awesome

mikeW
Oct 30, 2009 at 7:52 am

Well don’t know if it’s the same logo, but this logo has permanently made me look at certain fonts that have the “Q” in the shape of this “Obama” logo. If anyone knows what I’m talking about …maybe it’s just me, I don’t know. I am not too impressed with the font and just the fact we have a logo with gradients for America is heinous.

Bank of Obama?
Bank Obama America?

heh.

DJ
Oct 22, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Pepsi “lifted” it? C’mon, Pepsi’s logo (whether I like it or not) originated in 2004 – give me a break.

adhi