2009-03-24 | J.Urb

“J.Urb – Janela Urbana (Urban Window) is a portuguese blog that gathers a wide range of cultural information. It’s also a meeting point for young artists. The logo is used mostly on web applications. This logo reflects a young and fresh atitude. The dynamic lines and its fluidity makes this logo very versatile.”

Designer: Pedro Nunes

10 Comments to “2009-03-24 | J.Urb”

Paul Randall
Mar 24, 2009 at 12:34 am

The logo does have a hint of urban, but I would disagree with the dynamic lines and fluidity. It looks a lot more solid and fixed. Probably due to the horizontal and vertical lines.

Corinne Meier
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:24 am

This logo is hard to read. Possibly a font with less stroke.

Sean G
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:26 am

I agree, its hard to read and the lines are to straight.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:04 am

Sorry, not my type. I don’t really like the font and I think it’s kind of unreadable.

SuperDave4eva
Mar 24, 2009 at 2:27 am

I have an idea… let’s get back to this:

“Logo Of The Day is a high-profile logo design award scheme that rewards the BEST professional logos and trademarks designed throughout the world.”

Nikhil
Mar 24, 2009 at 2:38 am

Have written J. Urb in portuguese.
Looking like that.
Bravo Design….

Mike
Mar 24, 2009 at 3:26 am

This logo does nothing in the way of recognition, especially since I’m not following/related/working-with this person .. I have no idea what is about.
It’s a nice set of shape modulation, but that’s about it – not worth of a logo.

A.P
Mar 24, 2009 at 11:24 am

Well, I have to say that I see and feel fluidity in this logo due to the shape of the letters.
To analyze a logo, it’s necessary to understand the context and I believe it works nicely in Urban Window’s website.
Congrats.

Tom OKeefe
Apr 8, 2009 at 5:41 pm

when i first glance at this logo it doesnt read well. Sorry! cMon now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boxerdude
Jan 4, 2011 at 6:47 pm

the overall stance of the lettering makes me want to look for something in the negative space that isn’t there… i find it visually misleading in a way. obviously not the intention of the designer but with the proliferation of negative space in logos lately this one makes you look for something that isn’t there.