2009-03-20 | Brokers

Brokers is a reality contest for finance college students, it is a stock market simulation contest. A team of 5 members receive a portfolio of 1 million dollars in virtual money to make trades in the Mexican stock market and the foreign exchange market. The team who makes more virtual money wins a scholarship. The bull was created in reference to the primary market trend of a bull market.”

Read design process.

Designer: David Pache

11 Comments to “2009-03-20 | Brokers”

crazywabbit
Mar 20, 2009 at 12:30 am

Not sure about the back curve leg going through the body, the one that ends at the letter K

Paul Randall
Mar 20, 2009 at 12:31 am

The bull design feels familiar, but I can’t think where from.

I’m also not a huge fan of the font, it looks a little unbalanced, but overall, a nice design

longbrook
Mar 20, 2009 at 12:36 am

reminds me of the Merrill Lynch logo, with the white outline of the bull. Obviously with brokers, you’re looking at bull and bear markets (the latter of which you wouldn’t want to doom your business with as a logo), so the bull makes sense.

EJSchultz
Mar 20, 2009 at 1:24 am

The bull is a bit light compared to the font – and yes, this logo has been done by plenty of financial firms. The bull looks like a petroglyph, which is kind of cool, I am just not sure it works so well in this case.

Nikhil
Mar 20, 2009 at 1:33 am

The bull is great

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:34 am

not sure I like it. It looks like the old drawings in caves.

The bull seems underwhelming compared to the rest of the font. Focus is weird too.

SuperDave4eva
Mar 20, 2009 at 11:25 am

Virtual money… sounds like the stock market to me! Good concept, but overused.

James Hsu
Mar 20, 2009 at 8:04 pm

nice and reductive. a recognizable logomark.

rafael armstrong
Mar 21, 2009 at 3:39 am

I agree with @longbrook wholeheartedly. My first thought was “Is this sponsored by Merrill Lynch?”

Tom OKeefe
Mar 27, 2009 at 4:14 am

I’ve seen this logo on other logo sites and my first reaction stays the same each time I see this. “Merrill Lynch” why would this logo be considered “Logo of the Day”? It’s not different. It’s not creative. it’s Merrill Lynch’s mark tweaked just a little. Yes as stated above “…looking at bull and bear markets” you get the reason to use a Bull. It’s your job as a designer to do something that is not more or less a RIP from someone else logo. Even if the client demands a Bull you should be able to do it in a way that will stand out from the rest or should I say Merrill Lynch mark. I look at Jeff Fisher as someone that would see this right away and not want to give a designer the shine on a logo that is nothing more than a riff from someone else hard work and creativity. Sorry.

Kevin Burr
Apr 24, 2009 at 1:21 am

This logo is completely different than Merrill Lynch. Sure, it’s a similar concept, but the executions and final results are completely unique to one another. I say, job well done.