2009-02-28 | Schwartzrock Arts

Identity design for Schqartzrock Graphic Arts.

Designer: Sherwin Schwartzrok

13 Comments to “2009-02-28 | Schwartzrock Arts”

Dominic
Feb 28, 2009 at 12:25 am

I dont think it communicates anything more then “Rock”…

Chris Gedrim
Feb 28, 2009 at 12:37 am

It looks very “Ed ‘Big Daddy’ Roth” to me, or maybe the signatures from the end of 1960’s cartoons?

That said; as it seems to be for Sherwin’s personal use, is fine

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:01 am

wow… what a chaotic mess!

I don’t think this one cuts it for me, even for personal use. Sorry!

Dave
Feb 28, 2009 at 1:19 am

I like it. It works. It’s a design firm logo, not a Fortune 500 corporate job.

paul
Feb 28, 2009 at 1:29 am

seriously?

ESchultz
Feb 28, 2009 at 2:02 am

At least you could read the Big Daddy Roth work – I think in this case the idea was better than the execution.

Nix
Feb 28, 2009 at 2:54 am

With a name like that, I would have expected a word play or something. Come on. Schwartz (black) Rock. It begs for some creative use of negative space. :)

brian
Feb 28, 2009 at 6:23 am

that typeface is horrid, i cant see how that can be scaled down to fit onto a letter head or anything

Shawn G. Strong
Feb 28, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I don’t like the typeface either. It doesn’t appear to be a signature but more like a mess. I’m not against using borders but I don’t like it in this case.

Camille
Feb 28, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I was about to say it’s way too loopy, but on second thought, we don’t know if there’s a target market for this design firm. If they do have a target market of little girls’ toys, Barbie and/or Barbie accessories, or jewelry sold in a place like Claire’s, then the logo might be right for the market.

abed
Mar 9, 2009 at 1:18 pm

woow nice and simple logo but in the same time it’s a very nice and .!! nice one

Sherwin Schwartzrock
Apr 10, 2009 at 7:40 am

Thank you for posting my logo. Since most of the comments were negative, I thought I would pop in to defend my work.

Schwartzrock Graphic Arts is a unique combination of illustration and graphic design. My work incorporates both skills in both my illustration and design solutions. Interestingly enough, I primarily work on logo design.

When I sat down to create my own mark, I wanted my name to be the centerpiece of my mark, largely because it is such an odd name. I also wanted to have the logo capture an essence of illustration… which I personally think it does. And apparently so does Strathmore and AIGA. This mark won awards recently from both organizations.

Bgordee
Oct 1, 2010 at 4:11 pm

love it…still have your DM poster hanging on my wall. To each their own i guess… and we’ll comment on those when they make AIGA or logo of the day.