2009-02-27 | Lavish Boutique

Logo design for Lavish Salon & Boutique.

Designer: Luke Bott
Creative Director: Bill Gardner

14 Comments to “2009-02-27 | Lavish Boutique”

QF
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:10 am

I mostly like this, but I think the typeface used for “Lavish” is totally out of place.

Marten182
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:28 am

Agree.. I would make it a more curly font

Vet Online
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:52 am

I’m not a designer, but I think more can be done in this one.

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:52 am

Well if something, I Would have made it even more like old impression.

This logo has a great classic charm. Some Guthemberg press-like characters would have made it even better.

I like it right now but I’d have made it even more classic.

David P Crawford
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:57 am

The logo is so small. Wish we had a bigger viewing window.

Jamie
Feb 27, 2009 at 1:10 am

agree with David — would be nice if we clicked on the image and it would bring up a larger version. :)

Jacob Cass
Feb 27, 2009 at 1:34 am

Sometimes you can only work with what is online at the time (I even had to add the pink background in this one), but I understand where you are coming from… wish I could see the stationery designs for this identity too!

Jamie
Feb 27, 2009 at 1:56 am

thanks for the explanation Jacob! :) perhaps you can change the submission form slightly so people know to submit larger versions in the future? Currently, the form only assks for 284 x 130 px which I’m guessing is the size of the preview window on this page. But if you ask for larger versions in the future, then maybe you can give us the option to click on the 284×130 preview to bring up a larger version so we can view the more complicated logos in detail.

Anyways, this Lavish logo is growing on me. I like how it’s used on their website — it’s feminine and very classy. I do wish the “boutique” part of the logo was bumped up ever so slightly…. but overall, I think I like it.

ESchultz
Feb 27, 2009 at 2:06 am

I like the logo, but I agree that the type face needs a bit of work – it looks like the kerning is off on the last three letters as well.

jacob
Feb 27, 2009 at 5:34 am

@ jacob:
“pink” background?

Jacob Cass
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:01 pm

The pink background was added on either side of this logo as I only had the logo on the Lavish website to work with… I couldn’t get a version without the textured background.

Jamie,
I only added that 284×130 text yesterday so that isn’t the problem, the problem is that some suggestions don’t send the logo, they send the website link (such as this logo) which means I only have a small res version of the logo to share but the suggestion is a good one worth considering.

jacob
Feb 28, 2009 at 2:17 am

but it’s not really pink. haha

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:09 am

@Jacob
You are right, it’s more a fushia look than pink

Camille
Feb 28, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I like it, typeface and all.