2009-02-19 | Hearts Hands Voices

“The aiming-high hand is a flower blossoming through a strong beating heart. The heart has roots in the expression, and tends – in a striving progression – to the expression through the hand. This is a logo for a Theme adopted throughout a year by a group of schools, discussed from a different angle every week. People tend to go more to a typographic representation of a title when it comes to seminars, comferences and talks, thus this logo is unique in it’s visual representation and it’s subject.”

In use on this website.

Designer: Celine Khairallah

12 Comments to “2009-02-19 | Hearts Hands Voices”

Kevin Burr
Feb 19, 2009 at 12:41 am

Unique, memorable, and a great concept. Makes for a great logo.

ESchultz
Feb 19, 2009 at 2:10 am

Reminds me of Schoolhouse Rock…

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:03 am

I think it feels a bit buisy.
There is a lot on this small space

QF
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:28 am

Agree with DChuck. Nice idea, too busy. The same could be achieved with a single flower/heart illustration, and speech bubble/sun.

Kristin Andrews
Feb 19, 2009 at 6:26 am

For some reason, I see this as a t-shirt design rather than a logo. While the designer clearly incorporated symbolic elements, like the cute heart stems, I think it may be a little busy, as DChuck pointed out.

I’d be curious to see what this illustration looks like when it’s vectorized.

Maych!
Feb 19, 2009 at 7:14 am

I also think it’s a cute idea, but really works more for a t-shirt design; in fact is too busy and so many little elements going on probably affects the reproducibility.

Maby a single hearted-flower could help in clearing the concept.

Celine
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:53 pm

thank you for your comments!

This logo is in fact used for display in hall entries and printed at big scale where some details add depth to it. also on portrait dimension, not landscape, more like book, paper or t-shirts layouts :) I agree that it looks a little small on logooftheday layout.
thank you for your support!

Gabriel
Feb 19, 2009 at 6:37 pm

It wouldn’t be the same with a single flower/heart/speech illustration…
3 is a nice choice..

Kevin Burr
Feb 23, 2009 at 1:23 am

In a world of overly clean and simple designs, this one stands out to me. Busy or not.

SuperDave4eva
Feb 24, 2009 at 10:09 am

I like the overall sketched out feel of this design, but it is somewhat off symmetry and the letters are very oddly spaced. My personal design style leaves me thinking it needs to be cleaned up quite a bit, but then I’m afraid in doing so it might lose the feeling it was intended to provoke. I guess I’m waffling on this one… middle of the road in my book.

Celine
Feb 24, 2009 at 5:41 pm

thank you Kevin and everyone for the comments.
I may be repeating myself here but maybe i think i should have placed only the logo without the typography in the space here cause it is just to small and framed. see it here http://www.educalys.edu.lb/bac/#theme if you want to see it a little bigger, also it is for Children at school to discuss over a year so the brief was about telling a story in the logo.

Sajjad Haider Syed
Mar 29, 2009 at 10:52 pm

very nice concept, very nice logo, very nice colors… good one…