2009-02-20 | Sit

“Conceptual logo, a rendered chair with a hidden word ’sit’.”

Designer: Dalius Stuoka

19 Comments to “2009-02-20 | Sit”

Paul
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:28 am

A clever idea. I imagine it would be for a furniture company or something

Conor
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:29 am

Interesting! Not very clear though, if Sit wasnt all over the page I probably wouldn’t have gotten it. It’s better than the sex toys one at least! lol

Roy Nottage
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:32 am

I like it, though I didn’t get it until I read the quote underneath. Think it is because of the ‘i’ being quite subtle. Does it matter that I didn’t get it?

Cristhian Bedon
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:33 am

Maybe if the “SIT” stood out abit more, that’s is my only suggestion. The concept is a good one though.

Kristin Andrews
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:33 am

I agree with Paul that it’s clever. I also agree with Conor in that the lettering needs to be more dramatic as it doesn’t stand out enough to get it right away. I wonder what it would look like with a shorter chair back?

Turulcsirip - Tamas Bogdan
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:42 am

[...] @justcreative: Logo Of The Day: 2009-02-20 | Sit http://logooftheday.com/2009-02-18-sit/ « el?z? | Tamas Bogdan — 2009. 02. 19. [...]

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:22 am

I like it. I saw the hidden word.
Then again I saw that the logo was called sit! but I saw it before reading that the word was hidden which gives it points.

It could have standed out a little more thou

All in all, solid logo, could use some more work.

QF
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:14 am

Weirdly enough, I think I’d prefer this if it didn’t say SIT. If it was just a chair.

Elizabeth
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:38 am

What about putting ‘SIT’ in a different color? I think that would be the icing on the cake.

brian
Feb 20, 2009 at 4:18 am

it took me far too long to realize where sit was… I hardly can make out the i… the overall image is a lil blurry which is making it hard to read as well.

Good idea, and would be good for a rough, but not a final piece

Alex
Feb 20, 2009 at 4:36 am

I like the concept. Maybe sit could have been brought out more with a different angle on the chair.

Chich
Feb 20, 2009 at 7:16 am

‘SIT’ could definitely be more pronounced.
A worthy addition to LOTD.

James Hsu
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I rather enjoy the subtlety. In the words of David Hylton: it’s all about the subtleties.

AdnElric
Feb 20, 2009 at 5:18 pm

“Conceptual logo, a rendered chair with a _hidden_ word ’sit’.”

It is actually supposed to be hidden.

I like it just the way it is… not to visible, not too hidden.

Eric Blair
Feb 21, 2009 at 12:30 am

Subtleties are nice, but I feel like with a logo, it’s important to communicate the name. To have a subtle element like the FedEx arrow offers a nice “A ha!” moment, but whether people see it or not doesn’t affect the name recognition. It’s a whole ‘nother story when the subtlety is the name.

I like it, it’s a good idea, but I think it needs to read more clearly.

SuperDave4eva
Feb 24, 2009 at 9:42 am

The ‘i’ is definitely the main culprit in this one. I think a little more work on it would make the ‘i’ more clear to the eyes, and give this logo what it needs for standing applause!

Phil
Feb 24, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I really like the logo, but I’ll have to agree on the “I” problem. Since it’s in-between, the horizontal bar on the top almost makes it read more like “STI.”

I’m no professional, but I wonder what would happen if you did something to the I to make it not just straight up and down, like take notches out of it or curve it inwards or something. Or wait, if I look realllly close am I hallucinating when I see a little nip out of it? I might try exaggerating that a bit more (or just ignore this if I’m simply insane.)

Possibly even make an ornamental cut out of the horizontal bar to dot the “i.” Though, I wouldn’t suggest that. I like the simplicity the logo holds right now.

Dalius Stuoka
Feb 26, 2009 at 1:32 am

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate :)

??????????????????????? | Quarter