2009-01-26 | Souperie

“A variety of wok dishes, a fusion of soups and oriental specialties in a versatile variety of intermixing possibilities. These are the delicacies you can expect at Souperie – a gourmet soup and wok take-away. Our work result is a logomark with circles in various sizes and attractive colours, symbolizing the multifaceted possibilities clients have when combining a meal. With an objective to avoid an image of cheap fast food chains, the typeface was chosen to be minimalist and elegant, matching the overall upscale look.”

Agency: LOOVVOO

7 Comments to “2009-01-26 | Souperie”

Alex
Jan 26, 2009 at 2:24 am

I like the use of color, but the circles aren’t very original.

SuperDave4eva
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:46 pm

I agree with Alex that the color palate is very nice, but my honest feeling is that with a name like Souperie, this logo could have had so much more potential.

SuperDave4eva
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Uhmmm… I meant the color “palette” is nice, but the logo is a little too simple for my “palate”. :)

Edwin
Jan 26, 2009 at 10:20 pm

Nice colors, simple and beautiful! :)

Patrick
Jan 27, 2009 at 12:20 am

When considering the name with the circles, I felt it communicated well. I figured the circles reflected ripples when something is dropped into liquid etc. After seeing the brief stating its for wok styled foods. I lost that connection.

The colors are great, and the little touch for the p and i give a nice twist. Seems it could work well both with and without the circles. Good work

Jennifer Farley
Jan 28, 2009 at 11:11 pm

I think it’s very elegant. The only part I’m not so keen on are the two small circles below the p and above the i.

Aaron Mahnke
Jan 29, 2009 at 1:58 pm

This logo is fantastic! The curves of the circles are echoed in the choice of font. The logo distills the image of a bowl of soup down to its most basic shape, and yet retains all the information needed. Wonderful!