2009-01-22 | Theatre de Montreuil

Tags: ,

“This logo was created in November 2007 for the City of Montreuil’s new theatre “le Nouveau Theatre de Montreuil” (France). The design of the logo has been inspired by the Institution’s new building. Lines coming from different directions meet and inter-twine to finally draw the outline of the building and thereby create its volume. It is the meeting point of exterior and interior. While the lines capture the theatre, they also burst out of its confines. It represents the artistic dynamic of this place of creation and the international aspect of the Theatre’s activities.”

Designers: Delphine Cordier and Aurélie Gasche

11 Comments to “2009-01-22 | Theatre de Montreuil”

Paul
Jan 22, 2009 at 12:33 am

The fine lines make the logo quite difficult to look at when such a small size. I would have added a solid block colour behind the lines to help solve this.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:17 am

I get optical illusions of curves in the lines. Was this the wanted effect?

I never associated lines with theatre before… and I don’t think I will either.

akret
Jan 22, 2009 at 3:03 am

I wonder if there’s too many lines here. I get a bit dizzy looking at it. Maybe the same shape with 1/3 the lines would help here.

Eric
Jan 22, 2009 at 3:21 am

I agree that the lines are a bit dizzying. That being said, I do like the concept behind them. I think the idea outweighs the outcome in this case.

Grant
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:56 am

I love the optical effect on it (and the complexity). It’s a great mark.

Alex
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:40 am

I think it’s too busy. But as far as logos go for theaters, it’s pretty good.

Corey Thompson
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:40 am

Nice logo. Neat how they animated it for the intro to their web site.

SuperDave4eva
Jan 22, 2009 at 5:59 pm

I would have to agree that the lines do mess with the eyes a bit, but I think the overall concept is very sound. I too enjoyed the brief animation on their website, and I really like the typeface.

Theodore Bouloukos
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:45 pm

But if you aren’t familiar with the design of their new building, the logo that references it is irrelevant.

Liam
Jan 23, 2009 at 6:45 pm

I assuming this looks like the building; very, very fresh work. Love it.

Chung Dha
Jan 23, 2009 at 10:08 pm

The line with get blended away if this was used much smaller, here above you can see it started to blur compared to what you see on their website.. Also I don’t like the blue version they show before the loader. And also dont like the green they should use the black one.