2008-12-31 | Big Brother UK

Tags: , ,

Designer: Daniel Eatock

12 Comments to “2008-12-31 | Big Brother UK”

Alex
Dec 31, 2008 at 2:38 am

It’s very busy.

Patrick
Dec 31, 2008 at 4:24 am

That’s a logo? Interesting mmm maybe as an ad, or non-profit poster but hardly as a logo.

No bashing the work just the selection of it as a logo.

Brandon
Dec 31, 2008 at 7:58 am

Gives me the slight feeling of little shards of glass getting in my eye, but that’s just me.

Nora Brown
Dec 31, 2008 at 8:08 am

This logo evokes shattered lives, emotional distress, torture, and yeah – shards of glass piercing eyeballs. I guess that works for Big Brother?? Hmm…Doesn’t make me want to watch the show though.

Jacob Cass
Dec 31, 2008 at 10:47 am

Nora,
Haha, although I don’t watch Big Brother (but I do admit I watched the first season) I can see where you are coming from. Who knows, some of that may be true?

It is also interesting to note the evolution of the Big Brother Logo.

I also love reading everyone’s comments on what logo design they believe works or does not, it is (excuse the pun) really eye opening.

Theodore Bouloukos
Dec 31, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Fittingly, this could be CBS’s logo next fall.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:21 am

I prefered most of the logo from the evolution linked above. this one hardly made me think of an eye.

Not bashing, it just feels unrefined and raw. It has a lot of potential.

QF
Jan 2, 2009 at 5:15 am

It’s interesting that the logos that come from “quickie logos / sell your unused scrap” sites get praised, the one from Daniel Eatock gets panned.

B. Katz
Jan 6, 2009 at 2:29 am

All of these logos (the featured one and the previous ones) have a 1980s feel. As a graphical work, I quite like it. I can understand and feel the emotion in it. But as an identity piece, I’m sorry to say that it fails miserably.

Chung Dha
Jan 11, 2009 at 3:43 pm

eyes are a way overused for company names and logo’s. Also the logo give an kind of anti message cause chards of glass in you eyes are a bad thing to happen. Like if you look at this program you get blind.

Will McNeilly
Jan 14, 2009 at 5:12 am

I feel that the little concept that the logo is founded on will be lost when it is scaled down.

Hugo
Mar 16, 2011 at 8:22 am

i like this interpretation better:

glass shards – does the red symbolize the blood squirting out of the eye ball?
when looking at the evolution i think this is an improvement, and i think moving away from the natural eye to a more ‘robotic’ eye makes more sense to me.