2008-12-26 | Cake Factory

Tags: , ,

The Cake Factory is a fictitious company that packages up gourmet cakes and ships them around the world.

Designer: Annette Amdahl

11 Comments to “2008-12-26 | Cake Factory”

Christian Tabacco
Dec 26, 2008 at 9:06 am

Looks like a ship to me…

Christian Tabacco
Dec 26, 2008 at 9:11 am

and I can see the factory, all the elements are there, and it’s clever how you’ve made them work, but it just feels too busy

QF
Dec 27, 2008 at 3:56 am

I don’t understand why the cake slices don’t follow the same perspective as the factory.

David Crawford
Dec 27, 2008 at 5:55 am

Those are cake slices?

CPOliver
Dec 27, 2008 at 6:53 am

I totally agree with the ship comment. It’s a good concept but could you some tweaking.

Emiloly
Dec 27, 2008 at 6:39 pm

I see a ship too? Might have something to do with the candles looking like smoke stacks?

Emiloly
Dec 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Ahh on second thought maybe they are suppose to look like both candle and smoke stack.

r armstrong
Dec 28, 2008 at 1:42 am

My first impression was also a ship, and I thought (what turned out to be) the cake slices were really more of a retro approach to tie in with the gray box containing “factory”.

Annette Amdahl
Dec 28, 2008 at 2:03 am

Thanks for all of the comments :) Just to clarify about the logo – The main design is a mixture of an iced cake (with candles), a factory (with smoke stacks), and a ship (hence – they ship gourmet cakes). The ‘cake slices’ are actually retro squares – there are 2 different designs to this logo, one with the cake design as the main and one with it as the secondary part of the logo. The squares on the secondary logo are retro squares, the tops of the squares match the uneven bottoms. It was a fun logo to make. Interesting to hear what images people see first.

Emiloly
Dec 28, 2008 at 8:55 am

@Annette
Thanks for the clarification ;D Glad I wasn’t just going mad over thinking I could see candles/smokes stacks/ship!

Neny
Jan 14, 2009 at 4:59 am

nice logo… I also thought about a ship but looking closely and reading the word cake I kind identify the other elements.. not so fast but is clear now ;)